Join the Zip Line Canopy Tour Department
Zip Line Guides
Thank you for your interest in becoming a canopy tour guide. The application deadline for our next training session June 12 - 16 is April 30th. There is a benefit to applying early, as job offers are typically made throughout the interview process. Applications received after the deadline will join the pool for the next available training session, or shared with other departments still hiring. Our season runs from April 1st-November 20th
We hire for personality and character, and train for skill. No prior climbing or zip line experience is required. This is an outdoor customer service position with an athletic element, and a training program like no other. Our guides are a mosaic of personality, ages, and backgrounds, brought together by their common love of the outdoors and their servant’s heart.
- Canopy guides must be at least 18 years of age prior to the first day of work
- Eligible for work in the United States without our sponsorship
- CPR/FA certification (we will be hosting a course during training)
- Minimum height of 5 feet, maximum weight of 250lbs.
- Embrace feedback as a vehicle to self awareness and growth
- Ability to keep a smile while working in all weather conditions
- A flexible “can do” attitude
- Exercise sound judgment
- Be playful, professional, and charismatic with a diverse group of guests
- Embrace our Core Values
Shifts and schedules vary, and our scheduling process is flexible, accommodating staff seeking seasonal full or part-time employment. All staff contribute to the daily success of Deerfield Valley Canopy Tours, and as a result your daily role, responsibilities, and arrival time will vary. The specifics of a typical day will be discussed during the interview. Universal responsibilities are:
- Punctuality and ready to work when you arrive
- A dedication to our guests. You are their safety and experience caretaker, from arrival to departure.
- Adhering to all established safety protocols and procedures
- Seeing your work through to completion
This isn’t just a job, it’s part of a lifestyle that values culture, community, connection, and relationships. We celebrate this community with monthly staff parties, staff trips, and outings. Advocating for our programming is part of the job, and as a staff member you’ll have the opportunity to raft, zip, kayak, SUP, bike for no cost. In addition we offer flexible scheduling, discounts, pro-deals, comp trips and photos for friends and family, free clinics, competitive pay, lunch daily, and great co-workers.
Training lasts a minimum of 5 days and culminates with a skills verification. Each training day lasts from 9:00 A.M. - 6:00 P.M. All gear will be provided during training. All training days are mandatory.
2017 Training Dates
There are two training sessions scheduled each year.
Session 1: April 17th-April 21st.
Session 2: June 12th-June 16th.