Thank you for inquiring about Paddlesports at Zoar Outdoor. We are currently hiring retail assistants and ACA certified whitewater instructors/ACA certifiable for full and part-time seasonal positions. We generally hire between February and May, however, we accept applications year-round. Our retail shop is open year-round, instructional clinics generally run from April-October.
Minimum Qualifications for Instructors
The ideal candidate is a seasoned whitewater professional, who loves to teach and loves to learn. ACA training is available for candidates with requisite paddling and soft skills.
- Instructors must be 18 years old prior to the first day of work
- Eligible for work in the United States without our sponsorship
- Basic First Aid and CPR Certification
- Level 4 ACA certification or equivalent skills is preferred
- Good driving record
- Outdoor leadership skills
- Patient, flexible, and fun
- Exercise sound judgment
- Embrace our Core Values
Shifts and schedules vary, and our scheduling process is very flexible, accommodating staff seeking seasonal full or part-time employment. A multiplicity of roles and responsibilities fall under the umbrella of the Paddlesports department, all of which will be discussed during the interview. Universal responsibilities are:
- Punctuality and ready to work when you arrive
- Dedication to our guests. You are their safety and experience caretaker, from arrival to departure.
- Exercising sound judgment and professional behavior on and/or off the water
- Seeing your work through to completion
This isn’t just a job, it’s part of a lifestyle that values culture, community, connection, and relationships. We celebrate this community with monthly staff parties, staff trips, and outings. Advocating for our programming is part of the job, and as a staff member, you’ll have the opportunity to raft, zip, kayak, SUP, bike for no cost. In addition, we offer flexible scheduling, discounts, pro-deals, comp trips and photos for friends and family, free clinics, competitive pay, lunch daily, and great co-workers.
Each new employee is required to attend a minimum of four days of training and complete their employment paperwork before they can start working. Additional training may be required depending on the candidate’s experience and skills.