Fall is a great time for kayakers of all levels to take to the river. With fewer crowds, warm days, and the changing leaves, it’s truly a magical time out on the water. With just a few weeks left of guaranteed water releases, we still have plenty of opportunities for you to get out on the water. So sign up now for one of our fall clinics, and come enjoy the scenery and water with us!
– Our half day Guided Kayaking program is in its home stretch, with the last day of the season coming up on September 18th. Come out and enjoy a fun afternoon guided trip, which serves as a great introduction to river paddling.
– Novice Clinics are the perfect option if you want to jump right into the world of whitewater kayaking. We have 1, 2, 3, and 5 day options, running all the way up until the weekend of October 8th and 9th. If you’ve been meaning to get into the sport, it’s not too late!
For Intermediate Paddlers:
– If you’ve been honing your paddling skills on class II rapids and want to try a new stretch of river, but don’t want to step up to class III yet, the Lower West River Clinic is the perfect class for you. This river only has one water release a year, and the lower section offers many class II rapids for you to explore!
– Roll and River Run clinics are the perfect way to work on your roll throughout the day. You won’t get dizzy and tired doing endless rolls, and you’ll be able to spread out your practice throughout the day, trying out your new rolling skills in different kinds of water. There’s only one left this year, so don’t miss out!
– Come wrap up your season with our Reunion Weekend! You’ll get one or two days of mini clinics, and a great chance to connect with other members of the paddling community. With mini clinics assigned based on previous paddling experience, there’s something for everyone! This event is for everyone who is comfortable with wet exits and basic river maneuvers.
– Ready for a step up to bigger rapids? Sign up for one of our remaining Class III clinics and work on your technique as you master the Zoar Gap rapid.
For Advanced Paddlers
– Check out the Upper West River Clinic on September 24th! Three miles of class III whitewater on a river that seldom releases water is a great way to spend a beautiful fall day in the Green Mountains.
– Looking to be an instructor? We have a canoe and kayak ACA Level 4 Instructor certification coming up on October 5th to to 9th. If you already have a certification but need to keep it up to date, we have an Instructor Update course on September 24th and 25th as well!
– After a full year of hard paddling, come celebrate the season with us at our Reunion Weekend! You’ll be paired with paddlers of a similar ability level, but you’ll have the chance to meet new paddlers from all walks of life over the course of the weekend.