Adventurers on the West River trip must be 10 years old or older.
For all of our whitewater trips, guests must be able/willing to do the following:
- Wear a helmet and our personal flotation device (PFD)
- Respond to and follow verbal or visual instruction
- Roll from front to back in water while wearing a PFD
- Demonstrate dynamic sitting position (sitting upright), and float with feet up in water.
- Be able to walk on rocky, uneven ground and descend staircases with no railings.
Specifically, for our West River trip, guests should be able to:
- Paddle in the rapids, but with frequent rests.
- Remain calm, lay flat, and orient their body so their feet are aiming downstream if they find themselves unexpectedly in the water.
- Be prepared to spend a longer period of time in the water with an unexpected swim, and should be able to swim to the nearest raft or shore in current.
*Participants on this trip should also be prepared for a fairly strenuous walk down a steep rocky trail at the beginning of the trip.*
Please take the time to fill out your online guest details (available through your confirmation) as fully as possible, as this helps us provide correctly sized wetsuits and booties for everyone.
Our PFDs fit a maximum chest size of 56 inches.
Remember to read your confirmation letter (there is a lot of useful information in there!).
And remember: This trip does meets at Stratton Mountain in Vermont. Please click on the Directions link on this page for more details.
Call our office if you have any additional questions: 413-339-4010. They’re always happy to help!