For both the full course and the Recertification, you should be prepared to spend time in the classroom taking notes, as well as out in the field doing practical work. Please plan on bringing:
- Pen, paper for notes. You will receive a copy of the student handbook on the first day of the course.
- Clothing appropriate for the location and time of year. Make sure to bring appropriate gear for rain or snow, depending on the time of year. In the winter, be aware that some simulations will require you to be still, outside, for periods of time. In the summer, don't forget your sunscreen.
- Proper footwear for outdoor/woods simulations and drills.
- One set of old clothing to be used in simulations
- Lunch, if you plan on bringing your own. Food is not provided, but there are local restaurants you can visit during the lunch break as well.
- Required medications
- Personal water bottle
- Extra money for snacks, drinks, t-shirts, etc.
- Sorry , no pets please