Our Core Values
- We create experiences that enhance the lives of our guests, our staff and our community through exposing people from a variety of backgrounds to the best human-powered outdoor adventures available. We strive to be leaders in the field of outdoor adventure through constantly rethinking and improving our program.
- We act with integrity in all our interactions with staff, guests, and our community. Integrity for us means clearly defining expectations, following through on commitments, and acting in a consistent, straightforward manner – we say what we mean and mean what we say.
- We build positive relationships by being welcoming, accepting, and respectful. We strive to be responsive and flexible to the needs of our guests, staff and greater community.
- We promote teamwork by valuing diversity, encouraging a strong work ethic, clearly defining roles, and recognizing a job well done.
- We embrace change as a positive force in our organization, our industry, and our world. We meet the challenges presented by change with a can-do attitude, a sense of humor and a spirit of optimism.
- We value the growth that comes from embracing our successes and learning from our mistakes.
- We value a financially strong organization as a means to provide the stability and resources necessary to achieve our purpose. We provide industry-competitive compensation and strive to hire, train and retain, talented and diverse staff.
- We foster an atmosphere in which staff take ownership of their actions and are encouraged to be self-sufficient within our value structure. We set high expectations, give timely and appropriate feedback and make decisions in a manner that is open and transparent so those affected know why a decision is made.
- We value thoughtful planning so we are able to maximize our resources, minimize our environmental impact, and balance the excitement of new possibilities with the need to maintain quality and continuity.