by Cassie Hayden
Loop Squad How To Blunt
Steps for your secret success of mastery for the blunt, and hopefully, aerial blunt.
1. Carve or spin to the tip top of a wave, build that potential energy bro!
2. As you begin to gain speed and come flying down the wave like a little winged bird, begin to drop the edge opposite of the side you desire with all your heart (otherwise it won’t work) to blunt on.
3. Now you are ready to be the blunt-master. Dig that opposite edge in deep, maybe even taking a stroke on that side for a little extra mojo, and as that edge pops back up and releases from the water….
4. Switch them edges like it’s your job dog!
5. Now place the blade on the side you are now blunting on in at your hips and throw that end around.
6. Keep your thinkin’ cap pointed upstream to help you stay in control on the wave, and continue that stroke to your toes to push yourself back on the wave (you are backwards now, afterall).
7. Sometimes another stroke is needed to keep you on the wave, but having to take this stroke makes it hard to combo to other moves.
8. Well, now you’ve blunted, spin around, and get ready to do it again bro! Or actually, seeing as you’ve blunted, it would be lame to do another. Time to Pan-Am it up!
Another Mysterious Member of the Loop Squad