Fall Foliage from a New Perspective
by Adriana Isaza
Every fall, travelers from far and wide visit New England for a glimpse of the beautiful fall foliage. Rather than driving to a scenic parking spot this year, sign up for one of our three-hour Zipline Canopy Tours and come view the changing colors from the tops of the trees! Whether you've never experienced flying through the trees or you're coming back for your yearly adventure, the added beauty of foliage season makes your adventure special.
This fall take advantage of our weekday special and zip for just $69 per person on weekdays through the end of the season! Use discount code FZ16 at checkout, or give us a call at 1-800-532-7483. In November, we're extending the discount to weekends as well. Use code NW16 when booking November weekends.
Want to know when peak foliage hits? Check out New England Today's great foliage prediction map. If their prediction holds, we should be seeing the leaves turn in mid-September, with peak colors rolling in late in the month and through October.
While you're in the area, make a weekend of it and enjoy apple picking, corn mazes, or some of the many fall festivals the area has to offer. Check out our Cabin Tents or our Hawk Mountain Lodge for your overnight stay then plan on stopping by one of these great fall activities:
- Apple Picking: Is there a more quintessential fall activity than apple picking? Luckily in our area, there are many different orchards to choose from, like Apex Orchards, Pine Hill Orchards, or Bear Swamp Orchards. Come out and zip in the morning, then spend your afternoon taking in the fall sun while you pick your apples!
- Hicks Family Corn Maze, weekends in September and October: Just 5 minutes down the road from Zoar Outdoor, the Hicks Family Farm puts together an impressive corn maze every fall, complete with scavenger hung and mini golf in the maze. Check out their nighttime Flashlight Fridays on September 9th and 23rd, and remember to pick out your pumpkin to carve when you get home!
- Ashfield Fall Festival, October 8th and 9th: Stop by the library's annual book sale, grab some cider donuts or fried dough, sit and listen to the live music, play games, and walk around to many of the local artist and food booths. Bring good walking shoes so you can wander up and down the main street of Ashfield, just 20 minutes away from Zoar Outdoor.
- Cider Days, November 4-6: Whether you want to enjoy a local farm-to-table dinner with a view, learn how to make cider, or spend an afternoon tasting different local ciders, Cider Days weekend has something for you. The various apple-related activities take place in different towns in the area, so you'll want to check out their website and plan out your day.
- Crafts of Colrain, November 12-13: If arts are more your style, check out this weekend of studio tours in nearby Colrain, just 15 minutes away from Zoar. Sixteen different artists will be opening their studio doors to guests, so you'll be able to see them working on their various crafts, like ceramics, wood working, forging, fiber arts and more!